Monday 12 January 2015

Take Off

Well I'm not going to lie, it's quite nice to start the new year surrounded by friends, family, and the knowledge that I'd be leaving again in 12 days! My time home has been short, sweet and definitely eye opening. With exactly two weeks at home, it has been quite a sprint running around for coffee dates, bouldering with friends and the usual shenanigans. 

Coffee. 49th Parallel. Revolver. I don't think I've ever visited coffee shops this frequently and as often as I have in the past few days. The thing about South America is that they are a powerhouse in PRODUCING coffee. There really isn't a coffee culture for drinking here. They export almost all of their first grade beans leaving behind the imperfect beans to be burnt and charred before consumption. Roasted at high heat as to hide the low quaility taste. Besides their secound grade coffee they also drink heaps of instant coffee which produce an instant headache to those willing to drink it for its weak caffeine content. Being away from good coffee or so long, it was pleasant to have as much tasty coffee as I could before Denver. 

Wait, back to Vancouver. Ok so.  Bouldering. Climb rocks. Fall. Repeat. Dinner. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. Vancouver Island. Workout. Elk Falls. Nap. Mean Girls. Dodgeball. Archery Tag. Flying Pig. Prospect Point. Phnom Penh. Craft beer. Lots of craft beer. 

Which brings me to last night. After a busy final day with friends and family I ended up packing for most of the night.  I finally zipped up my bags, shrugged my shoulders at the thought of a secound check and got ready for bee. Feeling like a snotty nosed 7 year old going to Disneyland though, I ended up getting about 1.5 hours of sleep instead of my potential 3. Being behind the wherl, we started the drive down to Seattle and it was going smoothy until we reached a bridge close to downtown Seattle. A big-rig started skidding out just in front of us to the right and that instantly turned into it drifting into our lane! Luckily my mom's scream saved the day and I managed to swerve around it and past harm's way. Thinking about it, there could have been a car coming up on my left, we could have skidded out and flipped, we could have smashed right into the truck.. seriously a close call for a casual drive at 8am. 



Which I guess brings me to right now. I'm in Seattle. Currently waiting for my 10:59 (not 11:00) direct flight to take off and bring me to Denver! I'm seriously stoked to be living and riding up in the mountains, excited to share my time with a big class of about 30 or so other rad chicos, and to be honest, most excited to finally have my own bed and space for the next three months! Oh, and obviously God and Jesus and the Bible and such.. Obviously. 


Hasta pronto amigos en seis meses! Estoy excitante para el futuro. See you soon friends in six months! I am excited for the future. 

Channy
Instagram - itsnathanchan
January 12, 2015 - SeaTac & Denver International Airport



No comments:

Post a Comment