Friday 2 January 2015

Welcome to 2015

What better way to start 2015 off then to take a freezing cold plunge into the Canadian Pacific Ocean right?


With it being day two of the new year I would say that it's been fantastic already. English Bay was electric with the atmosphere of spectators, nervous newcomers and already drunken veterans for the 2015 Polar Bear Swim. I managed to convince Joel to come along to take the icy plunge with me. Having friends and family cheering us on before and after only made it that much better. One epic bowl of steaming hot extra pork, extra noodle shoyu ramen and I was about as content as one could be. 

Then I took off. On a short trip this time to Vancouver Island. Visiting one of my best friends Josiah as his Christmas break ended just as I landed back home. A weekend of adventure is definitely in store now that I've finally arrived!

Which leads to the future. 

In 10 days I'm off on my next big adventure bound for Denver, Colorado! Will be apart of a biblical training program with an organization called Youth With A Mission. Lecture and training phase will commence for three months with weekends spent snowboarding the epic mountains of Colorado. Following lectures It'll be off overseas for two months, either to Mexico, Indonesia or Nepal to volunteer on Outreach!


Then a quick roadtrip home through Yellowstone National Park. Then an even quicker two week stint back in Vancouver. Then a 1 or 2 month roadtrip across USA to The Big Apple. Then.. well, then unfortunately I think I'll be out of money. I plan to stage around NYC for a few weeks in hopes of landing my dream job and taking off on my next adventure in my culinary career!

Cheers to the future!

Channy
Instagram - itsnathanchan
January 2, Departure Bay Terminal, Nanaimo


No comments:

Post a Comment